Jamie is an avid reader of programming (and programming related books), and has offered to send any of the following books to a new (UK-based) home for free (see the terms section at the end of the page for details).
UK based #developer friends: I’m having a bit of a clear out of my #dotnet and #programming books. If you’d like any of them (list incoming), please reach out via DM and I’ll happily send them to you - at no cost to you.
cc @dotNetCoreShow (<- I host that show)— dotNetCoreShow (@podcasterjay) Jan 5, 2022
So if there is a book on this list that you would like to have, please get in touch - via our contact page, or as a DM to his Twitter account - and Jamie will arrange to send you his copy, for free.
- API Security in Action - Niel Madden
Note: This is a Java-based book
- .NET Core in Action - Dustin Metzgar
- ASP .NET Core in Action - Andrew Lock
- Alice and Bob Learn Application Security - Tanya Janca
- Practical Microservices with Dapr and .NET - Davide Bedine
- An Atypical ASP .NET Core 5 Design Patterns Guide - Carl-Hugo Marcotte
- Clean Code in C# - Jason Alls
- Learning C# by Developing Games in Unity 2020 - Harrison Ferrone
Programming / IT / Productivity Related
- Rework - Jason Fried
- The One Thing - Gary Keller with Jay Papasan
- Life in Code - Ellen Ullman
- Hit Refresh - Satya Nadella
- Mastery - George Leonard
- Cybersecurity ABCs: Delivering awareness, behaviours and culture change - Jessica Barker, Adrian David, Bruce Hallas and Ciaran Mc Mahon
- The Power of Full Engagement - Jim Loehr and Tony Schwartz
- Note: This is a Java-based book
Jamie has only one copy of each book, so these are being offered on a first-ask-first-get basis. As books are sent out, this page will be updated.
- One copy of each book is available
- One book can be requested by a single person / address
- When a book has been requested by someone, it will be removed from this list
- Shipping costs will be covered by Jamie
- We can only send the books to a UK-Based address; we MAY be able to accommodate sending books to an international address. But any decision on whether to send internationally is final
- Some of the books contain Post-it index stickers, each marking an interesting or important point. These were added by Jamie when reading the books. If you would like, these can be removed before sending a book